Git is an open-source tool that has become the dominant SCM - both in enterprise and open-source development.
Training courses for Git.
Introduction to Git.
An introduction to the philosophy of Git and its basic principles:
- Distributed SCM systems
- Git workflows
- Hashes and revisions
- Git commits
- Git hosting tools
Git for Subversion Developers.
A migration-focused training allowing Subversion developers to become accustomed to the Git way:
- Distributed vs Centralised SCM systems
- Choosing the right Git workflow
- Tracking content, not files
- Merging and rebasing
- Comparison of the commands available in Git and Subversion.
- Migrating from Subversion
In depth discussion of the various workflows that are possible with Git:
- The KISS principle
- Trunk-based development
- Feature-based branches
- Feature toggles
- Development vs release branches